Easy Rice Pudding
3 cups milk
½ cup uncooked short grain white rice
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1. Bring milk, rice and salt to a boil over medium heat in a heavy bottom saucepan.
2. Lower heat and simmer until rice is tender while stirring.
3. Whisk and combine egg and sugar in another bowl. Add some of rice mixture in the egg mixture. Stir well.
4. Pour egg mixture into the heavy bottom saucepan. Add vanilla and stir until mixture thickens while ensuring that it does not come to a boil.
5. Remove from heat. Serve warm or cold.