500g soft tofu
250g rice noodle (koey teow), soaked in warm water
½ cup water
1 big green chili, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3.5cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
2 tsps sesame oil
2 tbsps oyster sauce
½ tsp sugar
2 tbsps vegetable oil
100g dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked in warm water and sliced
1. Drain tofu. Cut into big pieces.
2. Place tofu on non-stick baking paper in a steamer.
3. Add chili, onion, ginger, sesame oil and sugar.
4. Remove the rice noodles from the warm water. Drain.
5. Heat vegetable in a pan over medium heat.
6. Saute garlic and mushrooms until fragrant. Add noddles, oyster sauce and water.
7. Cook until noodles are soft.
8. Remove from stove. Pour noodles in a bowl.
9. Place tofu on top.
10. Serve warm.