4 tbsps olive oil
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
1 cup Arborio rice
1 garlic clove, minced
2 cups hot chicken broth
3 Chorizo sausages, cut into thick slices
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup basil leaves
1 big can chopped tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 2 tbsps oil in a large pan over medium heat.
2. Add onion. Sauté until fragrant.
3. Add rice and garlic. Stir for few minutes to toast it.
4. Add tomatoes and broth. Bring to the boil.
5. Remove from stove and bake in oven for 30 minutes or until rice is cooked.
6. Heat 2 tbsps oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
7. Add sausages and fry until cooked.
8. Add parmesan and sausages to risotto. Stir well.
9. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Garnish with fresh basil.