Onion Cheese Pie with Rice Crust
2 cups cooked long grain rice
4 yellow onions, roughly chopped
1½ cup gruyere/cheddar cheese
¾ cup milk
2 tbsps vegetable oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix cooked rice with 2 eggs, salt and pepper.
2. Put the mixture into a greased pie pan dish.
3. Use your hands to press the mixture evenly into the bottom and sides.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180˚C.
5. Heat vegetable oil over medium heat in a heavy skillet.
6. Add onions. Sauté until onions are golden and translucent. Set aside.
7. Whisk together remaining eggs, cheese, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add onions. Mix well.
8. Pour mixture onto crust.
9. Bake for 30 minutes at 180˚C or until pie is golden brown.